LUNA TEXTILES SUPPORTS THE EFFORT TO CREATE MORE ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE WORKPLACES AND IS COMMITTED TO DEVELOPING SUSTAINABLE FABRIC SOLUTIONS WHENEVER POSSIBLE. Luna’s fabrics are designed for longevity.
We focus on a timeless design aesthetic rather than promoting passing trends. Our fabrics are woven by some of the best mills in the world and are very durable.
Whenever possible, we work with fiber content that is environmentally sustainable. In our collection can be found:
- Post-consumer and post-industrial recycled polyester
- Eco Intelligent polyester that is antimony-free and perpetually recyclable
- Rapidly renewable fibers such as organic cotton and low-impact wool
- MBDC/Cradle2Cradle certified, Oeko-Tex certified, LEED applicable textiles
Our suppliers operate with sustainable manufacturing processes, including:
- ISO 14001 environmental standard certification
- Optimized dyes that do not contain heavy metals
- Avoidance of chemicals of concern; low VOCs
- Compliance with EPA regulations regarding waste disposal and emissions, including no toxins or effluents released into the ground or water table.
- Reduced water consumption and energy use, as well as reduced greenhouse gas emissions
- Recycled waste
Many of our fabrics are woven in the United States. We work with mill suppliers we know well, that provide high living wages and excellent working conditions. The weavers are expertly trained and educated, many from families that have been working for the same mills for generations.
At Luna Textiles, we have a passion to create the most beautiful, sustainable fabrics possible.