CARE & CLEANING
WS-use water-based and/or solvent based cleaner
Luna Textiles fabrics are durable, colorfast, easy to care for and meet or exceed all association of contract textiles (ACT) quality standards. We recommend the following cleaning guidelines for ws fabrics.
·Vaccuum the fabric periodically using an upholstery brush attachment to remove accumulated dirt and dust. The frequency of this and any other routine maintenance is determined by end use conditions
· GENTLY BLOT LIQUID SPILLS WITH WHITE TISSUE OR A CLEAN, WHITE CLOTH AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. BE CAREFUL NOT TO PUSH THE LIQUID FURTHER INTO THE FABRIC. SCRAPE OR VACUUM AWAY DRY, SOLID MATERIALS.
· always pre-test an inconspicuous area of the fabric for color fastness to the cleaning agent.
· for water-based stains,apply a detergent solution(e.g. laundry detergent+water) to the stain using a clean, absorbent, whitecloth. never rub roughly to remove a stain. if the stain is small, dabbing maybe sufficient. work from the outside toward the center with the clean cloth to avoid spreading the stain. be careful that the fabric only gets damp, not wet. do not saturate with liquid. over-wetting may spread the stain and damage material under the fabric. turn the damp cloth frequently to avoid Re-depositing the soilant. Repeat with clear water and a clean white cloth to remove any cleaning agent residue.
· Oil-based stains may be treated in a similar manner, substituting a mild solvent-based cleaner for the detergent solution. Always follow manufacturer's recommendations for using such products, and always pre-test in an inconspicuous area of the fabric.
·To achieve a particular fashion effect some apparel fabrics, particularly dark denim, are not colorfast.this can result in dyes from clothing rubbing off on upholstered furniture. this type of permanent staining is due to a fault in the apparel fabric,not in the upholstery fabric, and any complaint should be directed to the clothing manufacturer.
· spot removal is only worth while with small stains. In the case of larger stains or general soiling, the whole cover should be cleaned. Wet vacuum machines should not be used as they can leave traces of shampoo that can negatively affect the aesthetic and performance qualities of thef abric. Ensure that the fabric is adequately rinsed after cleaning as residual cleaning agents may accelerate soiling. After cleaning, thefabric should be allowed to dry completely. No heat should be used.
·some fabric cleaning methods may cause damage to underlying materials in walls, panels, wall panel systems or furniture. Contact the manufacturer for recommendations and precautions prior to attempting any of these recommended fabric-cleaning guidelines.