CARE & CLEANING
S-use solvent cleaner
Luna Textiles fabrics are durable, colorfast, easy to care for and meet or exceed all Association of Contract Textiles (ACT) quality standards. We recommend the following cleaning guidelines for WS fabrics.
Spot clean this fabric with a mild solvent-based cleaner. Use sparingly in a well-ventilated room with no sparks if flame in the room. First, test the fabric for color fastness with the cleaning agent being used on a well-hidden area of the upholstery or a sample from luna textiles. Caution: use of water-based cleaning agents can lead to spotting and/or excessive shrinking. solvent cleaners will not remove water stains.
· Vaccuum the fabric periodically using an upholstery brush attachment to remove accumulated dirt and dust. The frequency of this and any other routine maintenance is determined by end use conditions
· GENTLY BLOT LIQUID SPILLS WITH WHITE TISSUE OR A CLEAN, WHITE CLOTH AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. BE CAREFUL NOT TO PUSH THE LIQUID FURTHER INTO THE FABRIC. SCRAPE OR VACUUM AWAY DRY, SOLID MATERIALS.
· IF A SPILL OR STAIN REMAINS, A SOLVENT MAYBE NEEDED TO REMOVE THE STUBBORN STAIN. ALWAYS TEST A WELL-HIDDEN AREA FIRST TO CHECK FOR COLORFASTNESS WITH CLEANING AGENT BEING USED.YOU MAY WANT TO TRY ODORLESS MINERAL SPIRITS, OR A SOLVENT BASED CLEANER â€“ REMEMBERING TO PRE-TEST FIRST.
· APPLY CLEANING AGENT WITH A CLEAN, WHITE CLOTH. NEVER RUB ROUGHLY TO REMOVE A STAIN, WORK FROM THE OUTSIDE TOWARD THE CENTER OF THE STAIN. IF THE STAINIS SMALL, DABBING MAYBE SUFFICIENT. BECAREFUL THAT THE FABRIC ONLY GETS DAMP, NOT WET.OVER-WETTING MAY SPREAD THE STAIN AND DAMAGE MATERIAL UNDER THE FABRIC. TURN THE CLOTH FREQUENTLY TO AVOID RE-DEPOSITING THE SOILANT.
· some apparel fabrics, particularly dark denim, are not colorfast.this can result in dyes from clothing rubbing off on upholstered furniture. this type of permanent staining is due to a fault in the apparel fabric,not in the upholstery fabric, and any complaint should be directed to the clothing manufacturer.
· spot removal is only worth while with small stains. in the case of larger stains or general soiling, the whole cover should be cleaned. wet vacuum machines should not be used as they can leave water rings or traces o fshampoo that can negatively affect the aesthetic and performance qualities of the fabric. after cleaning,the fabric should be allowed to dry completely. no heat should be used.